- 1 1/2 pounds flaky white fish (such as snapper, mahi mahi, sole, tilapia or cod)
- 1/3 cup +1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 8 to 10 soft flour tortillas (or corn)
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 small jalapeno, chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- pinch of salt
TO MAKE THE FISH
1. In a large storage bag, combine 1/2 cup olive oil, cilantro, lime juice from one lime, lime zest and seafood seasoning. Place the fish in the bag and seal. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
2.Heat the grill to medium-high. Remove the fish from the marinade. Grill the fish for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove fish from grill, let sit for a few minutes, then flake it with a fork.
TO MAKE THE SALSA
1. In a medium-size bowl, combine onion, pepper, pineapple, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, cilantro and jalapeno ingredients and gently toss.
TO ASSEMBLE THE TACOS
1. Grill tortillas for about 30 seconds per side until warm and pliable.
2. Top or fill corn tortillas with fish and pineapple salsa.
For richer flavor, prepare the salsa a few hours before serving and allow it to rest in the refrigerator.
These are sooooo good! I could have fish Tacos every day!! I mean who doesn't LOVE Tacos!!!!!!!
Recipe and photo from www.simplyorganic.com