Blueberry Protein Muffins
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 28 minutes
Total Time 48 minutes
Servings 24 muffins
Calories 108 kcal
- 16 oz applesauce
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1⅔ cup Cashew milk
- ⅓ to ½ cup maple syrup I use ⅓ and find them sweet enough
- 1½ cup oats
- 1 cup oat flour (just blend oats to a flour-then measure)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup finely ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 12-15 oz fresh blueberries Frozen wild blueberries also work - but you'll have purple muffins!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk the applesauce, vanilla, and Peanut butter together.
Next whisk in the baking powder and baking soda.
Whisk Cashew milk and maple syrup into the mixture.
The combined Cashew milk and maple syrup should total 2 cups of liquid. Adjust the cashew milk according to the amount of maple syrup used. I find that 1/3 cup of maple syrup makes the muffins plenty sweet.
Slowly stir in oats, oat flour, protein, ground flax seeds, and chia seeds.
Finally, gently fold in blueberries.
Line 2 muffin pans with baking cups
Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full.
Place muffin pans into your preheated oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes. Turn pans and bake for the final 14 minutes.
Recipe from themidlifemamas.com
Photo Cred: thekitchenmagpie